- 3M™ Tegaderm™ Transparent Film Dressings can be used to cover and protect catheter sites and wounds, to maintain a moist environment for wound healing, and to secure devices to the skin
- Provides a waterproof, sterile barrier to external contaminants including liquids, bacteria and viruses
- Gentle to the skin, yet holds catheters and other devices in place
- Dressing is conformable and flexes with skin for greater patient comfort
- Unique shapes and designs for both I.V. and wound needs
How often do you change Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings? Tegaderm Film Frame Style Dressing 6x8" Sterile Adhesive is a sterile dressing designed to adhere to your skin for up to 3-4 days. It can be removed easily yet gently with hot water, minimizing the risk of skin irritation.
Can you put Tegederm Transparent Film Dressings directly on a wound? Yes, provided the wound / site is not infected, 3M™ Tegaderm™ Film Dressing may be used to cover it.
When should you not use Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressings? Not recommended for use over deep cavity wounds, exuding wounds, infected wounds or third-degree burns. Not to be used in place of sutures or other wound closures.