Repose Foot Protectors are a unique product designed specifically to minimise the risk of pressure damage to heels by off-loading.
A significant proportion of pressure ulcers occur on the heels due to a combination of pressure, friction and shear.
Whilst support surfaces assist in reducing pressure, only a specific device such as the Repose Foot Protector can ensure that pressure on the foot is relieved totally. Clinical studies have shown the heel Protectors to be effective in a wide variety of settings.
- Low Air technology distributes weight evenly and doesn’t lose its shape
- Designed to relieve pressure on soft tissue areas and provide comfort
- Lightweight for easier transport
- Easy to clean and will deflate down to a compact size
- Helps distribute pressure evenly
- Repose can be cleaned and reused
- Can be used with other dynamic or static support surfaces
- Reduces impact of pressure, friction and shear
Indications for use
Repose products provide effective pressure redistribution for all people at risk of developing pressure ulcers, including those assessed as very high risk. Repose is also appropriate for users with pressure related tissue damage – clinical supervision is advised where the damage is severe.
Limitations for use
Repose is not suitable for the following:
- Persons weighing in excess of 139kg
- Persons with unstable spinal fractures
- Where body shape is such that the person cannot be fully supported by the Repose mattress overlay or cushion
- Repose is suitable for use with bed and trolley side rails subject to the bed or trolley manufacturer’s instructions and appropriate risk assessment
If deterioration in skin condition is noted, clinical advice should be sought and, if so advised, use of the product discontinued. Avoid direct contact with heat and sharp objects. When deflated, keep away from babies and small children. Keep away from pets.