Repose Flex Standard Inflatable Leg Rest + Pump
PRODUCT TYPE: Wound Care Essentials
MANUFACTURER: Frontier Therapeutics
Frontier Medical Group is continuing its innovative journey, introducing Repose Flex, which has been designed to place the knee in slight flexion (5°to 10°) and allows complete heel offloading while effectively re-distributing the weight of the patient’s leg across its surface.
By placing the knee in slight flexion, the risk of popliteal vein compression at the rear of the knee is reduced.
Supplied with attached Polyurethane fixing straps, Repose Flex is held securely in position and limits any infection control issues when cleaning.
- Patients identified as being at risk of developing a DVT
- Bedbound patients, or patients undergoing surgery
- Protecting patients at all levels of risk of developing all stages of pressure ulcers
- Treatment of pressure ulcers when used as part of a package of care
- Deflatable for convenient storage and transport
- Repose Smart valve technology for optimum inflation levels
Indications for use
Repose products provide effective pressure redistribution for people at all levels of risk of developing pressure ulcers. Repose is also appropriate for users with pressure related tissue damage – clinical supervision is advised where the damage is severe.
Limitations for use
Repose is not suitable for the following:
- Persons weighing in excess of 139kg
- Persons with unstable spinal fractures
- Where body shape is such that the person cannot be fully supported by the Repose mattress overlay or cushion
- Repose is suitable for use with bed and trolley side rails subject to the bed or trolley manufacturer’s instructions and appropriate risk assessment
If deterioration in skin condition is noted, clinical advice should be sought and, if so advised, use of the product discontinued. Avoid direct contact with heat and sharp objects. When deflated, keep away from babies and small children. Keep away from pets.