Repose Care-Sit 45cm with Cover and Pump
PRODUCT TYPE: Wound Care Essentials
MANUFACTURER: Frontier Therapeutics
Repose Care-Sit is a unique cushion designed specifically for static chairs and general purpose wheelchairs for the prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers, and to minimize the risk of pressure damage.
Care-Sit brings together a host of new & unique features which meet all pressure area care requirements along with infection control and last but not least patient needs.
Designed to meet the needs of clinicians and patients, the Care-Sit offers superior PAC and optimal positioning. Incorporating Double valve technology into a single product for continued & controlled PAC.
Care-Sit is supplied as one cushion divided into two sections for independent back and seat support. This ensures even pressure redistribution across all pressure points for maximum comfort and care.
The seat features narrow pressure redistributing air cell tubes surrounded on each side by a wider air cell tube for support.
Care-Sit is supplied with multi-adjustable straps fitted to the rear of the cover. The cushion can be quickly and easily secured to static chairs of all types and sizes, as well as general purpose wheelchairs.
- Adjustable straps for a secure fit on a range of wheelchair and static chair sizes.
- Repose tried and trusted single air cell and smart valve technologies.
- Durable outer cover with waterproof zip.
- Cushion fitted with larger cells on outside edges.
- Provides pressure redistribution across the whole surface for the at-risk areas of the body – sacrum, buttocks, scapulae and vertebrae.
- Secure strap system allows for straightforward retrofit or new chair use. Easy to clean and maintain.
- Cost effective method to provide pressure area care to a wheelchair and static chair.
Indications for use
Repose products provide effective pressure redistribution for all people at risk of developing pressure ulcers, including those assessed as very high risk. Repose is also appropriate for users with pressure related tissue damage – clinical supervision is advised where the damage is severe.
Limitations for use
Repose is not suitable for the following:
- Persons weighing in excess of 306 lbs.
- Persons with unstable spinal fractures
- Where body shape is such that the person cannot be fully supported by the Repose mattress overlay or cushion
- Repose is suitable for use with bed and trolley side rails subject to the bed or trolley manufacturer’s instructions and appropriate risk assessment
If deterioration in skin condition is noted, clinical advice should be sought and, if so advised, use of the product discontinued. Avoid direct contact with heat and sharp objects. When deflated, keep away from babies and small children. Keep away from pets.