Microcyn Wound Cleanser Spray
PRODUCT TYPE: Wound Care Essentials
MANUFACTURER: Sonoma Pharmaceuticals
Formulated with preservatives, Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray assists with debriding a range of wounds, including cuts, lacerations, abrasions and burns. As this occurs, it quickly kills 99.9999% of dangerous pathogens in under 30 seconds.
For use in healthcare settings and at home, Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray uses Microcyn® technology, which is based on hypochlorous acid (HOCl), a molecule naturally found in the body. Offering a greater degree of stability, HOCI lessens potential side effects, whether for cleansing a wound or addressing irritated skin, and can be used as often as possible.
Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray harnesses the body’s immune system response during phagocytosis, which results in respiratory or oxidative “bursts” that generate hydrogen peroxide that transitions into HOCI. Through this process, Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray:
• Cleanses the wound bed: Once applied, Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray helps with eliminating biofilms and other irritants that could slow the healing process.
• Relieves inflammation: Application helps soothe inflammation and lessen any pain, itching and swelling.
• Restores oxygen to the wound: The increased presence of oxygen assists with advancing the healing process.
How Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray Works
To deliver these results, Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray offers the following properties to decrease infection, inflammation and scarring:
• Antimicrobial: Research has shown that the antiviral, antimicrobial and anti-pruritic properties present in Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray help break down biofilms present in the wound bed, including for MRSA and VRE.
• Anti-Inflammatory: Application of Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray assists with reducing infections and lessening any harmful inflammatory reactions.
• Regenerative: Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray helps increase blood flow to the wound, which encourages healing and tissue formation.
Usage Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray
Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray’s non-irritating, non-sensitizing formula can be used anywhere on the body, including around the nose, ears, eyes and mouth, and is gentle enough for all ages and skin types.
Microcyn® Wound Cleanser Spray helps with cleansing the following types of wounds:
• Stage I-IV pressure ulcers
• Partial- and full-thickness wounds
• Diabetic foot ulcers
• Post-surgical wounds
• First- and second-degree burns
• Grafted and donor sites