Leukomed T Film
PRODUCT TYPE: Wound Care Essentials
Leukomed T is a wound dressing that can be used to cover non-secreting wounds or provide a waterproof fixation of intravenous catheters, cannulae, and other medical aids. Patients will be able to wear the Leukomed T dressing while showering or bathing. The transparent film allows the patient and caregivers to monitor either the wound or the medical aid that it is securing to the body. These dressings are sterile and latex-free. They have a bacteria barrier that prevents infection and uses pattern coat technology to allow for moisture vapor permeability. This permeability reduces the risk of maceration.
This wound dressing is easy to apply and has a comfortable, stretchy polyurethane film that can be conformed.
Leukomed T Features and Benefits
- Transparent film provides visibility
- Bacteria barrier prevents infection
- Pattern coat technology ensures high moisture vapor permeability
- Permeable to water vapor and air to reduce risk of maceration
- Easy to apply
- Ultra-thin, stretchy, polyurethane film
- Indications: Non-secreting wounds, waterproof fixation of intravenous catheters
Leukomed® T is easy and quick to apply:
- Hold the wound dressing at the red handling tape. Then remove the top layer of release paper.
- Using the handling tape, the transparent wound dressing can be applied accurately to the wound. Now remove the second layer of release paper.
- Carefully press the transparent film onto the skin, especially around the edges. Full skin contact ensures that the dressing is waterproof and a bacterial barrier.
- Now remove the application film in one go using the red handling tape.
- To remove, pull off the film dressing evenly using one of the edges – painless and gentle on the skin.